IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1 < 188.8.131.52 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 45430
SynopsisThe remote application server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionIBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1 before Fix Pack 31 appears to be running on the remote host. As such, it is reportedly affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- It is possible for Administrator role members to modify primary administrative id via the administrative console. (PK88606)
- An unspecified cross-site scripting vulnerability in the Administration Console. (PK97376)
- An error when defining a wsadmin scripting 'J2CConnectionFactory' object results in passwords being stored unencrypted in the resources.xml file. (PK95089)
- An error related to the ORB ListenerThread could allow remote, authenticated users to cause a denial of service.
- An information disclosure vulnerability in SIP logging could allow a local, authenticated attacker to gain access to sensitive information. (PM08892)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists when the '-trace' option (aka debugging mode) is enabled since WAS executes debugging statements that print string representations of unspecified objects. (PM06839)
- The Web Container does not properly handle long filenames, which may cause it to respond with the incorrect file, resulting in the disclosure of potentially sensitive information. (PM06111)
- An error occurs when the Web Contained calls response.sendRedirect with a Transfer-Encoding:
chunked, which could cause a denial of service.
- WS-Security processing problems with PKIPath and PKCS#7 tokens could lead to a security bypass vulnerability. (PK96427)
- An Out-Of-Memory condition related to the Deployment Manager and nodeagent could lead to a denial of service. (PM05663)
SolutionIf using WebSphere Application Server, apply Fix Pack 31 (184.108.40.206) or later.
Otherwise, if using embedded WebSphere Application Server packaged with Tivoli Directory Server, apply the latest recommended eWAS fix pack.