SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in Xulrunner, a runtime environment for XUL applications, such as the Iceweasel web browser. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2009-3380 Vladimir Vukicevic, Jesse Ruderman, Martijn Wargers, Daniel Banchero, David Keeler and Boris Zbarsky reported crashes in layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2009-3382 Carsten Book reported a crash in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2009-3376 Jesse Ruderman and Sid Stamm discovered spoofing vulnerability in the file download dialog.
- CVE-2009-3375 Gregory Fleischer discovered a bypass of the same-origin policy using the document.getSelection() function.
- CVE-2009-3374 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered a privilege escalation to Chrome status in the XPCOM utility XPCVariant::VariantDataToJS.
- CVE-2009-3373 'regenrecht' discovered a buffer overflow in the GIF parser, which might lead to the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2009-3372 Marco C. discovered that a programming error in the proxy auto configuration code might lead to denial of service or the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2009-3274 Jeremy Brown discovered that the filename of a downloaded file which is opened by the user is predictable, which might lead to tricking the user into a malicious file if the attacker has local access to the system.
- CVE-2009-3370 Paul Stone discovered that history information from web forms could be stolen.
SolutionUpgrade the xulrunner packages.
For the stable distribution (lenny), these problems have been fixed in version 184.108.40.206-0lenny1.
As indicated in the Etch release notes, security support for the Mozilla products in the oldstable distribution needed to be stopped before the end of the regular Etch security maintenance life cycle.
You are strongly encouraged to upgrade to stable or switch to a still supported browser.
File Name: debian_DSA-1922.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:POC/RL:OF/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:debian:debian_linux:xulrunner, cpe:/o:debian:debian_linux:5.0
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/Debian/release, Host/Debian/dpkg-l
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 10/28/2009
CVE: CVE-2009-3274, CVE-2009-3370, CVE-2009-3372, CVE-2009-3373, CVE-2009-3374, CVE-2009-3375, CVE-2009-3376, CVE-2009-3380, CVE-2009-3382
BID: 36852, 36853, 36855