New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in Xulrunner, a runtime environment for XUL applications, such as the Iceweasel web browser. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2009-3070 Jesse Ruderman discovered crashes in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2009-3071 Daniel Holbert, Jesse Ruderman, Olli Pettay and 'toshi' discovered crashes in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2009-3072 Josh Soref, Jesse Ruderman and Martin Wargers discovered crashes in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2009-3075 Carsten Book and 'Taral' discovered crashes in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2009-3076 Jesse Ruderman discovered that the user interface for installing/ removing PCKS #11 securiy modules wasn't informative enough, which might allow social engineering attacks.
- CVE-2009-3077 It was discovered that incorrect pointer handling in the XUL parser could lead to the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2009-3078 Juan Pablo Lopez Yacubian discovered that incorrent rendering of some Unicode font characters could lead to spoofing attacks on the location bar.
SolutionUpgrade the xulrunner package.
For the stable distribution (lenny), these problems have been fixed in version 18.104.22.168-0lenny1.
As indicated in the Etch release notes, security support for the Mozilla products in the oldstable distribution needed to be stopped before the end of the regular Etch security maintenance life cycle.
You are strongly encouraged to upgrade to stable or switch to a still supported browser.