Debian DSA-1840-1 : xulrunner - several vulnerabilities
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 44705
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in Xulrunner, a runtime environment for XUL applications, such as the Iceweasel web browser. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2009-2462 Martijn Wargers, Arno Renevier, Jesse Ruderman, Olli Pettay and Blake Kaplan discovered several issues in the browser engine that could potentially lead to the execution of arbitrary code. (MFSA 2009-34)
- CVE-2009-2463 monarch2020 reported an integer overflow in a base64 decoding function. (MFSA 2009-34)
- CVE-2009-2464 Christophe Charron reported a possibly exploitable crash occurring when multiple RDF files were loaded in a XUL tree element. (MFSA 2009-34)
- CVE-2009-2465 Yongqian Li reported that an unsafe memory condition could be created by specially crafted document. (MFSA 2009-34)
- CVE-2009-2467 Attila Suszter discovered an issue related to a specially crafted Flash object, which could be used to run arbitrary code. (MFSA 2009-35)
- CVE-2009-2469 PenPal discovered that it is possible to execute arbitrary code via a specially crafted SVG element.
SolutionUpgrade the xulrunner packages.
For the stable distribution (lenny), these problems have been fixed in version 18.104.22.168-0lenny1.
As indicated in the Etch release notes, security support for the Mozilla products in the oldstable distribution needed to be stopped before the end of the regular Etch security maintenance life cycle.
You are strongly encouraged to upgrade to stable or switch to a still supported browser.