Opera < 10.0 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 40827
SynopsisThe remote host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple issues.
DescriptionThe version of Opera installed on the remote host is earlier than 10.0 and thus reportedly affected by multiple issues :
- Opera does not check the revocation status for intermediate certificates not served by the server. If the intermediate is revoked, this might not impact the security rating in Opera, and the site might be shown as secure. (929)
- The collapsed Address bar can in some cases temporarily show the previous domain of the present site. (930)
- Some Unicode characters are treated incorrectly which might cause international domain names that use them to be shown in the wrong format. Showing these addresses in Unicode instead of punycode could allow for limited address spoofing. (932)
- The application trusts root X.509 certificates signed with the MD2 algorithm. (933)
- Certificates which use a wild card immediately before the top level domain, or nulls in the domain name, may pass validation checks in Opera. Sites using such certificates may then incorrectly be presented as secure. (934)
SolutionUpgrade to Opera 10.0 or later.