Sun Java JRE Multiple Vulnerabilities (263408 / 263409 / 263428 ..)
High Nessus Plugin ID 40495
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a runtime environment that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed on the remote host is earlier than 6 Update 15 / 5.0 Update 20 / 1.4.2_22 / 1.3.1_26. Such version are potentially affected by the following security issues :
- A vulnerability in the JRE audio system may allow system properties to be accessed. (263408)
- A privilege escalation vulnerability may exist in the JRE SOCKS proxy implementation. (263409)
- An integer overflow vulnerability when parsing JPEG images may allow an untrusted Java Web Start application to escalate privileges. (263428)
- A vulnerability with verifying HMAC-based XML digital signatures in the XML Digital Signature implementation may allow authentication to be bypassed. (263429)
- An integer overflow vulnerability with unpacking applets and Java Web start applications using the 'unpack200' JAR unpacking utility may allow an untrusted applet to escalate privileges. (263488)
- An issue with parsing XML data may allow a remote client to create a denial of service condition. (263489)
- Non-current versions of the 'JNLPAppletLauncher' may be re-purposed with an untrusted Java applet to write arbitrary files. (263490)
- A vulnerability in the Active Template Library in various releases of Microsoft Visual Studio that is used by the Java Web Start ActiveX control can be leveraged to execute arbitrary code. (264648)
SolutionUpdate to Sun Java JDK / JRE 6 Update 15, JDK / JRE 5.0 Update 20, SDK / JRE 1.4.2_22, or SDK / JRE 1.3.1_26 or later and remove, if necessary, any affected versions.