SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in Xulrunner, a runtime environment for XUL applications, such as the Iceweasel web browser. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2009-0652 Moxie Marlinspike discovered that Unicode box drawing characters inside of internationalised domain names could be used for phishing attacks.
- CVE-2009-1302 Olli Pettay, Martijn Wargers, Mats Palmgren, Oleg Romashin, Jesse Ruderman and Gary Kwong reported crashes in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2009-1303 Olli Pettay, Martijn Wargers, Mats Palmgren, Oleg Romashin, Jesse Ruderman and Gary Kwong reported crashes in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2009-1306 Daniel Veditz discovered that the Content-Disposition:
header is ignored within the jar: URI scheme.
- CVE-2009-1307 Gregory Fleischer discovered that the same-origin policy for Flash files is inproperly enforced for files loaded through the view-source scheme, which may result in bypass of cross-domain policy restrictions.
- CVE-2009-1308 Cefn Hoile discovered that sites, which allow the embedding of third-party stylesheets are vulnerable to cross-site scripting attacks through XBL bindings.
- CVE-2009-1311 Paolo Amadini discovered that incorrect handling of POST data when saving a website with an embedded frame may lead to information disclosure.
SolutionUpgrade the xulrunner packages.
For the stable distribution (lenny), these problems have been fixed in version 18.104.22.168-0lenny2.
As indicated in the Etch release notes, security support for the Mozilla products in the oldstable distribution needed to be stopped before the end of the regular Etch security maintenance life cycle.
You are strongly encouraged to upgrade to stable or switch to a still supported browser.
File Name: debian_DSA-1797.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent
CPE: p-cpe:/a:debian:debian_linux:xulrunner, cpe:/o:debian:debian_linux:5.0
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/Debian/release, Host/Debian/dpkg-l
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 5/9/2009