SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral vulnerabilities have been identified in OpenJDK, an implementation of the Java SE platform.
- CVE-2006-2426 Creation of large, temporary fonts could use up available disk space, leading to a denial of service condition.
- CVE-2009-0581 / CVE-2009-0723 / CVE-2009-0733 / CVE-2009-0793
Several vulnerabilities existed in the embedded LittleCMS library, exploitable through crafted images: a memory leak, resulting in a denial of service condition (CVE-2009-0581 ), heap-based buffer overflows, potentially allowing arbitrary code execution (CVE-2009-0723, CVE-2009-0733 ), and a NULL pointer dereference, leading to denial of service (CVE-2009-0793 ).
- CVE-2009-1093 The LDAP server implementation (in com.sun.jdni.ldap) did not properly close sockets if an error was encountered, leading to a denial-of-service condition.
- CVE-2009-1094 The LDAP client implementation (in com.sun.jdni.ldap) allowed malicious LDAP servers to execute arbitrary code on the client.
- CVE-2009-1101 The HTTP server implementation (sun.net.httpserver) contained an unspecified denial of service vulnerability.
- CVE-2009-1095 / CVE-2009-1096 / CVE-2009-1097 / CVE-2009-1098
Several issues in Java Web Start have been addressed.
The Debian packages currently do not support Java Web Start, so these issues are not directly exploitable, but the relevant code has been updated nevertheless.
SolutionUpgrade the openjdk-6 packages.
For the stable distribution (lenny), these problems have been fixed in version 9.1+lenny2.
File Name: debian_DSA-1769.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:POC/RL:OF/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:debian:debian_linux:openjdk-6, cpe:/o:debian:debian_linux:5.0
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/Debian/release, Host/Debian/dpkg-l
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 4/11/2009
CVE: CVE-2006-2426, CVE-2009-0581, CVE-2009-0723, CVE-2009-0733, CVE-2009-0793, CVE-2009-1093, CVE-2009-1094, CVE-2009-1095, CVE-2009-1096, CVE-2009-1097, CVE-2009-1098, CVE-2009-1101
BID: 34185, 34240, 34411