SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a runtime environment that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed on the remote host is earlier than 6 Update 13 / 5.0 Update 18 / 1.4.2_20 / 1.3.1_25. Such versions are potentially affected by the following security issues :
- A denial of service vulnerability affects the JRE LDAP implementation. (254569).
- A remote code execution vulnerability in the JRE LDAP implementation may allow for arbitrary code to be run in the context of the affected LDAP client. (254569)
- There are multiple integer and buffer overflow vulnerabilities when unpacking applets and Java Web Start applications using the 'unpack2000' utility.
- There are multiple denial of service vulnerabilities related to the storing and processing of temporary font files. (254608)
- A privilege-escalation vulnerability affects the Java Plug-in when deserializing applets. (254611)
- An issue exists in the Java Plug-in when parsing 'crossdomain.xml' allows an untrusted applet to connect to an arbitrary site hosting a 'crossdomain.xml' file.
- The Java Plug-in allows a malicious signed applet to obscure the contents of a security dialog. (254611)
- The JRE Virtual Machine is affected by a privilege-escalation vulnerability. (254610)
- There are multiple buffer overflow vulnerabilities involving the JRE's processing of PNG and GIF images.
- There are multiple buffer overflow vulnerabilities involving the JRE's processing of fonts. (254571)
- A denial of service vulnerability affects the JRE HTTP server implementation, which could be used to cause a denial of service on a JAX-WS service endpoint. (254609)
SolutionUpdate to Sun Java JDK / JRE 6 Update 13, JDK / JRE 5.0 Update 18, SDK / JRE 1.4.2_20, or SDK / JRE 1.3.1_25 or later and remove, if necessary, any affected versions.
File Name: sun_java_jre_254569.nasl
Configuration: Enable thorough checks
Supported Sensors: Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:POC/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: E:P/RL:O/RC:C
Required KB Items: SMB/Java/JRE/Installed
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 3/24/2009
CVE: CVE-2006-2426, CVE-2009-1093, CVE-2009-1094, CVE-2009-1095, CVE-2009-1096, CVE-2009-1097, CVE-2009-1098, CVE-2009-1099, CVE-2009-1100, CVE-2009-1101, CVE-2009-1102, CVE-2009-1103, CVE-2009-1104, CVE-2009-1105, CVE-2009-1106, CVE-2009-1107