SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in Xulrunner, a runtime environment for XUL applications. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2008-0016 Justin Schuh, Tom Cross and Peter Williams discovered a buffer overflow in the parser for UTF-8 URLs, which may lead to the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-3835 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that the same-origin check in nsXMLDocument::OnChannelRedirect() could by bypassed.
- CVE-2008-3836 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that several vulnerabilities in feedWriter could lead to Chrome privilege escalation.
- CVE-2008-3837 Paul Nickerson discovered that an attacker could move windows during a mouse click, resulting in unwanted action triggered by drag-and-drop.
- CVE-2008-4058 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered a vulnerability which can result in Chrome privilege escalation through XPCNativeWrappers.
- CVE-2008-4059 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered a vulnerability which can result in Chrome privilege escalation through XPCNativeWrappers.
- CVE-2008-4060 Olli Pettay and 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered a Chrome privilege escalation vulnerability in XSLT handling.
- CVE-2008-4061 Jesse Ruderman discovered a crash in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-4066 Gareth Heyes discovered that some Unicode surrogate characters are ignored by the HTML parser.
- CVE-2008-4067 Boris Zbarsky discovered that resource: URls allow directory traversal when using URL-encoded slashes.
- CVE-2008-4068 Georgi Guninski discovered that resource: URLs could bypass local access restrictions.
- CVE-2008-4069 Billy Hoffman discovered that the XBM decoder could reveal uninitialised memory.
- CVE-2008-4582 Liu Die Yu discovered an information leak through local shortcut files.
- CVE-2008-5012 Georgi Guninski, Michal Zalewski and Chris Evan discovered that the canvas element could be used to bypass same-origin restrictions.
- CVE-2008-5013 It was discovered that insufficient checks in the Flash plugin glue code could lead to arbitrary code execution.
- CVE-2008-5014 Jesse Ruderman discovered that a programming error in the window.__proto__.__proto__ object could lead to arbitrary code execution.
- CVE-2008-5017 It was discovered that crashes in the layout engine could lead to arbitrary code execution.
- CVE-2008-0017 Justin Schuh discovered that a buffer overflow in http-index-format parser could lead to arbitrary code execution.
- CVE-2008-5021 It was discovered that a crash in the nsFrameManager might lead to the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-5022 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that the same-origin check in nsXMLHttpRequest::NotifyEventListeners() could be bypassed.
- CVE-2008-5023 Collin Jackson discovered that the -moz-binding property bypasses security checks on codebase principals.
- CVE-2008-5024 Chris Evans discovered that quote characters were improperly escaped in the default namespace of E4X documents.
SolutionUpgrade the xulrunner packages.
For the stable distribution (etch), these problems have been fixed in version 18.104.22.168~pre080614h-0etch1. Packages for mips will be provided later.
For the upcoming stable distribution (lenny) and the unstable distribution (sid), these problems have been fixed in version 22.214.171.124-1.