New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in the Iceweasel web browser, an unbranded version of the Firefox browser. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2008-0016 Justin Schuh, Tom Cross and Peter Williams discovered a buffer overflow in the parser for UTF-8 URLs, which may lead to the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-3835 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that the same-origin check in nsXMLDocument::OnChannelRedirect() could by bypassed.
- CVE-2008-3836 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that several vulnerabilities in feedWriter could lead to Chrome privilege escalation.
- CVE-2008-3837 Paul Nickerson discovered that an attacker could move windows during a mouse click, resulting in unwanted action triggered by drag-and-drop.
- CVE-2008-4058 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered a vulnerability which can result in Chrome privilege escalation through XPCNativeWrappers.
- CVE-2008-4059 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered a vulnerability which can result in Chrome privilege escalation through XPCNativeWrappers.
- CVE-2008-4060 Olli Pettay and 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered a Chrome privilege escalation vulnerability in XSLT handling.
- CVE-2008-4061 Jesse Ruderman discovered a crash in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-4066 Gareth Heyes discovered that some Unicode surrogate characters are ignored by the HTML parser.
- CVE-2008-4067 Boris Zbarsky discovered that resource: URLs allow directory traversal when using URL-encoded slashes.
- CVE-2008-4068 Georgi Guninski discovered that resource: URLs could bypass local access restrictions.
- CVE-2008-4069 Billy Hoffman discovered that the XBM decoder could reveal uninitialised memory.
SolutionUpgrade the iceweasel packages.
For the stable distribution (etch), these problems have been fixed in version 220.127.116.11-0etch1. Packages for hppa will be provided later.