Debian DSA-1649-1 : iceweasel - several vulnerabilities
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 34371
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in the Iceweasel web browser, an unbranded version of the Firefox browser. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2008-0016 Justin Schuh, Tom Cross and Peter Williams discovered a buffer overflow in the parser for UTF-8 URLs, which may lead to the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-3835 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that the same-origin check in nsXMLDocument::OnChannelRedirect() could by bypassed.
- CVE-2008-3836 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that several vulnerabilities in feedWriter could lead to Chrome privilege escalation.
- CVE-2008-3837 Paul Nickerson discovered that an attacker could move windows during a mouse click, resulting in unwanted action triggered by drag-and-drop.
- CVE-2008-4058 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered a vulnerability which can result in Chrome privilege escalation through XPCNativeWrappers.
- CVE-2008-4059 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered a vulnerability which can result in Chrome privilege escalation through XPCNativeWrappers.
- CVE-2008-4060 Olli Pettay and 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered a Chrome privilege escalation vulnerability in XSLT handling.
- CVE-2008-4061 Jesse Ruderman discovered a crash in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-4066 Gareth Heyes discovered that some Unicode surrogate characters are ignored by the HTML parser.
- CVE-2008-4067 Boris Zbarsky discovered that resource: URLs allow directory traversal when using URL-encoded slashes.
- CVE-2008-4068 Georgi Guninski discovered that resource: URLs could bypass local access restrictions.
- CVE-2008-4069 Billy Hoffman discovered that the XBM decoder could reveal uninitialised memory.
SolutionUpgrade the iceweasel packages.
For the stable distribution (etch), these problems have been fixed in version 18.104.22.168-0etch1. Packages for hppa will be provided later.