Debian DSA-1621-1 : icedove - several vulnerabilities
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 33741
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in the Icedove mail client, an unbranded version of the Thunderbird client. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2008-0304 It was discovered that a buffer overflow in MIME decoding can lead to the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-2785 It was discovered that missing boundary checks on a reference counter for CSS objects can lead to the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-2798 Devon Hubbard, Jesse Ruderman and Martijn Wargers discovered crashes in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-2802 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that XUL documents can escalate privileges by accessing the pre-compiled 'fastload' file.
- CVE-2008-2803 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that missing input sanitising in the mozIJSSubScriptLoader.loadSubScript() function could lead to the execution of arbitrary code. Iceweasel itself is not affected, but some addons are.
- CVE-2008-2807 Daniel Glazman discovered that a programming error in the code for parsing .properties files could lead to memory content being exposed to addons, which could lead to information disclosure.
- CVE-2008-2809 John G. Myers, Frank Benkstein and Nils Toedtmann discovered that alternate names on self-signed certificates were handled insufficiently, which could lead to spoofings secure connections.
- CVE-2008-2811 Greg McManus discovered discovered a crash in the block reflow code, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
SolutionUpgrade the icedove package.
For the stable distribution (etch), these problems have been fixed in version 188.8.131.52+184.108.40.206b.dfsg1+prepatch080614d-0etch1. Packages for s390 are not yet available and will be provided later.