SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in Xulrunner, a runtime environment for XUL applications. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2008-2785 It was discovered that missing boundary checks on a reference counter for CSS objects can lead to the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-2798 Devon Hubbard, Jesse Ruderman and Martijn Wargers discovered crashes in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-2800 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered several cross-site scripting vulnerabilities.
- CVE-2008-2802 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that XUL documents can escalate privileges by accessing the pre-compiled 'fastload' file.
- CVE-2008-2803 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that missing input sanitising in the mozIJSSubScriptLoader.loadSubScript() function could lead to the execution of arbitrary code. Iceweasel itself is not affected, but some addons are.
- CVE-2008-2805 Claudio Santambrogio discovered that missing access validation in DOM parsing allows malicious websites to force the browser to upload local files to the server, which could lead to information disclosure.
- CVE-2008-2807 Daniel Glazman discovered that a programming error in the code for parsing .properties files could lead to memory content being exposed to addons, which could lead to information disclosure.
- CVE-2008-2808 Masahiro Yamada discovered that file URLs in directory listings were insufficiently escaped.
- CVE-2008-2809 John G. Myers, Frank Benkstein and Nils Toedtmann discovered that alternate names on self-signed certificates were handled insufficiently, which could lead to spoofing of secure connections.
- CVE-2008-2811 Greg McManus discovered a crash in the block reflow code, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-2933 Billy Rios discovered that passing an URL containing a pipe symbol to Iceweasel can lead to Chrome privilege escalation.
SolutionUpgrade the xulrunner packages.
For the stable distribution (etch), these problems have been fixed in version 22.214.171.124~pre080614d-0etch1.