New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in the Iceweasel webbrowser, an unbranded version of the Firefox browser. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2008-2798 Devon Hubbard, Jesse Ruderman and Martijn Wargers discovered crashes in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-2800 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered several cross-site scripting vulnerabilities.
- CVE-2008-2802 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that XUL documents can escalate privileges by accessing the pre-compiled 'fastload' file.
- CVE-2008-2803 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that missing input sanitising in the mozIJSSubScriptLoader.loadSubScript() function could lead to the execution of arbitrary code. Iceweasel itself is not affected, but some addons are.
- CVE-2008-2805 Claudio Santambrogio discovered that missing access validation in DOM parsing allows malicious websites to force the browser to upload local files to the server, which could lead to information disclosure.
- CVE-2008-2807 Daniel Glazman discovered that a programming error in the code for parsing .properties files could lead to memory content being exposed to addons, which could lead to information disclosure.
- CVE-2008-2808 Masahiro Yamada discovered that file URLS in directory listings were insufficiently escaped.
- CVE-2008-2809 John G. Myers, Frank Benkstein and Nils Toedtmann discovered that alternate names on self-signed certificates were handled insufficiently, which could lead to spoofings secure connections.
- CVE-2008-2811 Greg McManus discovered a crash in the block reflow code, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
SolutionUpgrade the iceweasel package.
For the stable distribution (etch), these problems have been fixed in version 184.108.40.206-0etch1.
Iceweasel from the unstable distribution (sid) links dynamically against the xulrunner library.