Fedora 8 : util-linux-ng-2.13.1-2.fc8 (2008-3419)
High Nessus Plugin ID 32108
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
Description- Tue Apr 22 2008 Karel Zak <kzak at redhat.com> 2.13.1-2
- fix audit log injection attack via login
- Wed Jan 16 2008 Karel Zak <kzak at redhat.com> 2.13.1-1
- upgrade to stable util-linux-ng 2.13.1
- fix #427874 - util-linux-ng gets 'excess command line argument' on update
- Thu Jan 3 2008 Karel Zak <kzak at redhat.com> 2.13-3.2
- fix #427207 - util-linux-ng-2.13-3.1.fc8.src.rpm not rebuilded
- Wed Dec 5 2007 Karel Zak <kzak at redhat.com> 2.13-3.1
- fix #409551 - hwclock: check for ENODEV (upstream patch)
- fix #408391 - setarch: add missing alpha subarchs (upstream patch)
- mkswap: possible to crash with SELinux relabeling support (upstream patch)
- mount: don't call canonicalize(SPEC) for cifs, smbfs and nfs (upstream patch)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected util-linux-ng package.