Debian DSA-1535-1 : iceweasel - several vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 31806
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
Description# This shares a lot of text with dsa-1532.wml, dsa-1534.wml, dsa-1574.wml
Several remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in the Iceweasel web browser, an unbranded version of the Firefox browser. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2007-4879 Peter Brodersen and Alexander Klink discovered that the autoselection of SSL client certificates could lead to users being tracked, resulting in a loss of privacy.
- CVE-2008-1233 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that variants of CVE-2007-3738 and CVE-2007-5338 allow the execution of arbitrary code through XPCNativeWrapper.
- CVE-2008-1234 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that insecure handling of event handlers could lead to cross-site scripting.
- CVE-2008-1235 Boris Zbarsky, Johnny Stenback and 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that incorrect principal handling could lead to cross-site scripting and the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-1236 Tom Ferris, Seth Spitzer, Martin Wargers, John Daggett and Mats Palmgren discovered crashes in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-1238 Gregory Fleischer discovered that HTTP Referrer headers were handled incorrectly in combination with URLs containing Basic Authentication credentials with empty usernames, resulting in potential Cross-Site Request Forgery attacks.
- CVE-2008-1240 Gregory Fleischer discovered that web content fetched through the jar: protocol can use Java to connect to arbitrary ports. This is only an issue in combination with the non-free Java plugin.
- CVE-2008-1241 Chris Thomas discovered that background tabs could generate XUL popups overlaying the current tab, resulting in potential spoofing attacks.
The Mozilla products from the old stable distribution (sarge) are no longer supported.
SolutionUpgrade the iceweasel packages.
For the stable distribution (etch), these problems have been fixed in version 22.214.171.124-0etch1.