Fedora 7 : lighttpd-1.4.18-3.fc7 (2008-2262)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 31371
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
Description- Tue Mar 4 2008 Matthias Saou <http://freshrpms.net/> 1.4.18-3
- Include patch for CVE-2008-0983 (crash when low on file descriptors).
- Include patch for CVE-2008-1111 (cgi source disclosure).
- Tue Oct 16 2007 Matthias Saou <http://freshrpms.net/> 1.4.18-2
- Include mod_geoip additional source, make it an optional sub-package.
- Reorder sub-packages alphabetically in spec file.
- Mon Sep 10 2007 Matthias Saou <http://freshrpms.net/> 1.4.18-1
- Update to 1.4.18.
- Include newly installed lighttpd-angel ('angel' process meant to always run as root and restart lighttpd when it crashes, spawn processes on SIGHUP), but it's in testing stage and must be run with -D for now.
- Wed Sep 5 2007 Matthias Saou <http://freshrpms.net/> 1.4.17-1
- Update to 1.4.17.
- Update defaultconf patch to match new example configuration.
- Include patch to fix log file rotation with max-workers set (trac #902).
- Add /var/run/lighttpd/ directory where to put fastcgi sockets.
- Thu Aug 23 2007 Matthias Saou <http://freshrpms.net/> 1.4.16-3
- Add /usr/bin/awk build requirement, used to get LIGHTTPD_VERSION_ID.
- Wed Aug 22 2007 Matthias Saou <http://freshrpms.net/> 1.4.16-2
- Rebuild to fix wrong execmem requirement on ppc32.
- Thu Jul 26 2007 Matthias Saou <http://freshrpms.net/> 1.4.16-1
- Update to 1.4.16 security fix release.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected lighttpd package.