New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in the Iceape internet suite, an unbranded version of the SeaMonkey Internet Suite.
The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2008-0412 Jesse Ruderman, Kai Engert, Martijn Wargers, Mats Palmgren and Paul Nickerson discovered crashes in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-0414 'hong' and Gregory Fleischer discovered that file input focus vulnerabilities in the file upload control could allow information disclosure of local files.
- CVE-2008-0417 Justin Dolske discovered that the password storage mechanism could be abused by malicious websites to corrupt existing saved passwords.
- CVE-2008-0418 Gerry Eisenhaur and 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that a directory traversal vulnerability in chrome: URI handling could lead to information disclosure.
- CVE-2008-0419 David Bloom discovered a race condition in the image handling of designMode elements, which can lead to information disclosure and potentially the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-0592 It was discovered that malformed content declarations of saved attachments could prevent a user in the opening local files with a '.txt' file name, resulting in minor denial of service.
- CVE-2008-0593 Martin Straka discovered that insecure stylesheet handling during redirects could lead to information disclosure.
- CVE-2008-0594 Emil Ljungdahl and Lars-Olof Moilanen discovered that phishing protections could be bypassed with <div> elements.
The Mozilla products from the old stable distribution (sarge) are no longer supported with security updates.
SolutionUpgrade the iceape packages.
For the stable distribution (etch), these problems have been fixed in version 1.0.12~pre080131b-0etch1.