Apache 2.2.x < 2.2.8 Multiple Vulnerabilities (XSS, DoS)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 31118
SynopsisThe remote web server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of Apache 2.2.x running on the remote host is prior to 2.2.8. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A cross-site scripting issue involving mod_imagemap (CVE-2007-5000).
- A cross-site scripting issue involving 413 error pages via a malformed HTTP method (PR 44014 / CVE-2007-6203).
- A cross-site scripting issue in mod_status involving the refresh parameter (CVE-2007-6388).
- A cross-site scripting issue in mod_proxy_balancer involving the worker route and worker redirect string of the balancer manager (CVE-2007-6421).
- A denial of service issue in the balancer_handler function in mod_proxy_balancer can be triggered by an authenticated user when a threaded Multi- Processing Module is used (CVE-2007-6422).
- A cross-site scripting issue using UTF-7 encoding in mod_proxy_ftp exists because it does not define a charset (CVE-2008-0005).
Note that the remote web server may not actually be affected by these vulnerabilities. Nessus did not try to determine whether the affected modules are in use or to check for the issues themselves.
SolutionUpgrade to Apache version 2.2.8 or later. Alternatively, ensure that the affected modules are not in use.