Debian DSA-1484-1 : xulrunner - several vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 30224
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in Xulrunner, a runtime environment for XUL applications. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2008-0412 Jesse Ruderman, Kai Engert, Martijn Wargers, Mats Palmgren and Paul Nickerson discovered crashes in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-0414 'hong' and Gregory Fleischer discovered that file input focus vulnerabilities in the file upload control could allow information disclosure of local files.
- CVE-2008-0417 Justin Dolske discovered that the password storage mechanism could be abused by malicious websites to corrupt existing saved passwords.
- CVE-2008-0418 Gerry Eisenhaur and 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that a directory traversal vulnerability in chrome: URI handling could lead to information disclosure.
- CVE-2008-0419 David Bloom discovered a race condition in the image handling of designMode elements, which could lead to information disclosure or potentially the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2008-0592 It was discovered that malformed content declarations of saved attachments could prevent a user from opening local files with a '.txt' file name, resulting in minor denial of service.
- CVE-2008-0593 Martin Straka discovered that insecure stylesheet handling during redirects could lead to information disclosure.
- CVE-2008-0594 Emil Ljungdahl and Lars-Olof Moilanen discovered that phishing protections could be bypassed with <div> elements.
SolutionUpgrade the xulrunner packages.
The old stable distribution (sarge) doesn't contain xulrunner.
For the stable distribution (etch), these problems have been fixed in version 188.8.131.52~pre080131b-0etch1.