Fedora 7 : util-linux-2.13-0.54.1.fc7 (2007-2462)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 27773
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
Description- Mon Oct 8 2007 Karel Zak <kzak at redhat.com> 2.13-0.54.1
- fix #320131 - CVE-2007-5191 util-linux (u)mount doesn't drop privileges properly when calling helpers [F7]
- Wed Aug 8 2007 Karel Zak <kzak at redhat.com> 2.13-0.54
- backport mount relatime patch
- Thu Aug 2 2007 Karel Zak <kzak at redhat.com> 2.13-0.53
- fix #236848 - mount/fstab.c:lock_mtab() should open with proper permissions
- fix #238918 - blockdev --getsize does not work properly on devices with more than 2^31 sectors
- Mon Jul 9 2007 Karel Zak <kzak at redhat.com> 2.13-0.52
- fix #245578 - login's PAM configuration inits the keyring at an inconvenient time
- fix #231532 - 'pamconsole' not documented in mount(8)
- fix #243930 - translation files exist, but are not being used
- fix #228731 - sfdisk doesn't support DM-MP device (add default heads and sectors)
- fix #231192 - ipcs is not printing correct values on pLinux
- fix #245912 - mount doesn't write the 'loop=...' option in /etc/mtab when mounting a loop device
- fix #213253 - 'cal -3' generates improperly formatted output
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected util-linux and / or util-linux-debuginfo packages.