Fedora 7 : kernel-188.8.131.52-65.fc7 (2007-1785)
Low Nessus Plugin ID 27734
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionUpdate to kernel 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-22.214.171.124 http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-126.96.36.199 http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-188.8.131.52
- Fix failure to find serial ports on some machines.
- Detect broken timers on some AMD dual-core machines:
fixes hangs and failure to boot.
- Don't crash when a userspace driver requests too much memory.
- Update the CFS scheduler to more closely match upstream.
- Wireless driver update.
- Enable ACPI_DEBUG in -debug builds.
- Fix e820 memory hole sizing on x86_64.
- Add four bugfixes for sky2 ethernet.
- Fix some SCSI async scanning bugs.
- Fix polling in r8169 driver.
- Fix wrong sensor values with some chips.
CVE-2007-3848: Linux kernel 2.4.35 and other versions allows local users to send arbitrary signals to a child process that is running at higher privileges by causing a setuid-root parent process to die, which delivers an attacker-controlled parent process death signal (PR_SET_PDEATHSIG).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.