Apache 2.2.x < 2.2.6 Multiple Vulnerabilities (DoS, XSS, Info Disc)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 26023
SynopsisThe remote web server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of Apache 2.2.x running on the remote host is prior to 2.2.6. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A denial of service vulnerability in mod_proxy.
- A cross-site scripting vulnerability in mod_status.
- A local denial of service vulnerability associated with the Prefork MPM module.
- An information leak in mod_cache.
- A denial of service vulnerability in mod_cache.
In addition, it offers a workaround for a cross-site scripting issue in mod_autoindex.
Note that the remote web server may not actually be affected by these vulnerabilities. Nessus did not try to determine whether any of the affected modules are in use on the remote server or to check for the issues themselves.
SolutionUpgrade to Apache version 2.2.6 or later. Alternatively, ensure that the affected modules are not in use.