Debian DSA-1338-1 : iceweasel - several vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 25781
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in the Iceweasel web browser, an unbranded version of the Firefox browser. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2007-3089 Ronen Zilberman and Michal Zalewski discovered that a timing race allows the injection of content into about:blank frames.
- CVE-2007-3656 Michal Zalewski discovered that same-origin policies for wyciwyg:// documents are insufficiently enforced.
- CVE-2007-3734 Bernd Mielke, Boris Zbarsky, David Baron, Daniel Veditz, Jesse Ruderman, Lukas Loehrer, Martijn Wargers, Mats Palmgren, Olli Pettay, Paul Nickerson and Vladimir Sukhoy discovered crashes in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2007-3736 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that the addEventListener() and setTimeout() functions allow cross-site scripting.
- CVE-2007-3737 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that a programming error in event handling allows privilege escalation.
- CVE-2007-3738 'shutdown' and 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that the XPCNativeWrapper allows the execution of arbitrary code.
The Mozilla products in the oldstable distribution (sarge) are no longer supported with security updates. You're strongly encouraged to upgrade to stable as soon as possible.
SolutionUpgrade the iceweasel packages.
For the stable distribution (etch) these problems have been fixed in version 184.108.40.206-0etch1. Builds for alpha and mips are not yet available, they will be provided later.