Debian DSA-1308-1 : iceweasel - several vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 25530
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in the Iceweasel web browser, an unbranded version of the Firefox browser. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2007-1362 Nicolas Derouet discovered that Iceweasel performs insufficient validation of cookies, which could lead to denial of service.
- CVE-2007-2867 Boris Zbarsky, Eli Friedman, Georgi Guninski, Jesse Ruderman, Martijn Wargers and Olli Pettay discovered crashes in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2007-2869 'Marcel' discovered that malicious websites can cause massive resource consumption through the auto completion feature, resulting in denial of service.
- CVE-2007-2870 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that adding an event listener through theaddEventListener() function allows cross-site scripting.
- CVE-2007-2871 Chris Thomas discovered that XUL popups can be abused for spoofing or phishing attacks.
Fixes for the oldstable distribution (sarge) are not available. While there will be another round of security updates for Mozilla products, Debian doesn't have the resources to backport further security fixes to the old Mozilla products. You're strongly encouraged to upgrade to stable as soon as possible.
SolutionUpgrade the iceweasel packages.
For the stable distribution (etch) these problems have been fixed in version 184.108.40.206-0etch1. A build for the Alpha architecture is not yet available, it will be provided later.