Debian DSA-1306-1 : xulrunner - several vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 25505
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in Xulrunner, a runtime environment for XUL applications. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2007-1362 Nicolas Derouet discovered that Xulrunner performs insufficient validation of cookies, which could lead to denial of service.
- CVE-2007-2867 Boris Zbarsky, Eli Friedman, Georgi Guninski, Jesse Ruderman, Martijn Wargers and Olli Pettay discovered crashes in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2007-2869 'Marcel' discovered that malicious websites can cause massive resource consumption through the auto completion feature, resulting in denial of service.
- CVE-2007-2870 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that adding an event listener through theaddEventListener() function allows cross-site scripting.
- CVE-2007-2871 Chris Thomas discovered that XUL popups can be abused for spoofing or phishing attacks.
The oldstable distribution (sarge) doesn't include xulrunner.
SolutionUpgrade the xulrunner packages.
For the stable distribution (etch) these problems have been fixed in version 188.8.131.52-0etch1.