Debian DSA-1300-1 : iceape - several vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 25463
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in the Iceape internet suite, an unbranded version of the SeaMonkey Internet Suite.
The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2007-1362 Nicolas Derouet discovered that Iceape performs insufficient validation of cookies, which could lead to denial of service.
- CVE-2007-1558 Gatan Leurent discovered a cryptographical weakness in APOP authentication, which reduces the required efforts for an MITM attack to intercept a password. The update enforces stricter validation, which prevents this attack.
- CVE-2007-2867 Boris Zbarsky, Eli Friedman, Georgi Guninski, Jesse Ruderman, Martijn Wargers and Olli Pettay discovered crashes in the layout engine, which might allow the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2007-2870 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that adding an event listener through the addEventListener() function allows cross-site scripting.
- CVE-2007-2871 Chris Thomas discovered that XUL popups can be abused for spoofing or phishing attacks.
Fixes for the oldstable distribution (sarge) are not available. While there will be another round of security updates for Mozilla products, Debian doesn't have the resources to backport further security fixes to the old Mozilla products. You're strongly encouraged to upgrade to stable as soon as possible.
SolutionUpgrade the iceape packages.
For the stable distribution (etch) these problems have been fixed in version 1.0.9-0etch1. A build for the arm architecture is not yet available, it will be provided later.