Fedora Core 5 : dovecot-1.0-0.beta8.4.fc5 (2007-493)
High Nessus Plugin ID 25183
SynopsisThe remote Fedora Core host is missing a security update.
Description- Fri Mar 2 2007 Tomas Janousek <tjanouse at redhat.com> - 1.0-0.beta8.4.fc5
- a little master login fix (#224925)
- fix for CVE-2007-2231 (#238440)
- Thu Dec 21 2006 Tomas Janousek <tjanouse at redhat.com> - 1.0-0.beta8.3.fc5
- fixed default paths in the example mkcert.sh to match configuration defaults (fixes #183151)
- fixed off by one (#216508, CVE-2006-5973)
- Thu Jun 8 2006 Petr Rockai <prockai at redhat.com> - 1.0-0.beta8.2.fc5
- bring FC-5 branch up to date with the rawhide one (bugfixes only)
- should fix non-working pop3 in default installation
- Thu Jun 8 2006 Petr Rockai <prockai at redhat.com> - 1.0-0.beta8.2
- put back pop3_uidl_format default that got lost in the beta2->beta7 upgrade (would cause pop3 to not work at all in many situations)
- Thu May 4 2006 Petr Rockai <prockai at redhat.com> - 1.0-0.beta8.1
- upgrade to latest upstream beta release (beta8)
- contains a security fix in mbox handling
- Thu May 4 2006 Petr Rockai <prockai at redhat.com> - 1.0-0.beta7.1
- upgrade to latest upstream beta release
- fixed BR 173048
- Fri Mar 17 2006 Petr Rockai <prockai at redhat.com> - 1.0-0.beta2.8
- fix sqlite detection in upstream configure checks, second part of #182240
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected dovecot and / or dovecot-debuginfo packages.