Fedora Core 5 : samba-3.0.24-1.fc5 (2007-219)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 24305
SynopsisThe remote Fedora Core host is missing a security update.
Description- Wed Feb 7 2007 Jay Fenlason <fenlason at redhat.com> 3.0.24-1.fc5
- New upstream release
- Update the -man patch to work with 3.0.24
- This release fixes CVE-2007-0452 Samba smbd denial of service
- Tue Sep 26 2006 Jay Fenlason <fenlason at redhat.com> 3.0.23c-1.fc5
- Include the newer smb.init that includes the configtest option
- Upgrade to 3.0.23c, obsoleting the -samr_alias patch.
- Wed Aug 9 2006 Jay Fenlason <fenlason at redhat.com> 3.0.23b-1.fc5
- New upstream release, fixing some annoying bugs.
- Mon Jul 24 2006 Jay Fenlason <fenlason at redhat.com> 3.0.23a-1.fc5.1
- Fix the -logfiles patch to close bz#199607 Samba compiled with wrong log path. bz#199206 smb.conf has incorrect log file path
- Mon Jul 24 2006 Jay Fenlason <fenlason at redhat.com> 3.0.23a-1.fc5
- Upgrade to new upstream 3.0.23a
- include upstream samr_alias patch
- Wed Jul 12 2006 Jay Fenlason <fenlason at redhat.com> 3.0.23-1.fc5
- Upgrade to 3.0.23 to close bz#197836 CVE-2006-3403 Samba denial of service
- include related spec file, filter-requires-samba.sh and patch changes from rawhide.
- include the fixed smb.init file from rawhide, closing bz#182560 Wrong retval for initscript when smbd is dead
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.