Fedora Core 5 : gzip-1.3.5-7.fc5 (2006-989)
High Nessus Plugin ID 24183
SynopsisThe remote Fedora Core host is missing a security update.
Description- Wed Sep 20 2006 Ivana Varekova <varekova at redhat.com> 1.3.5-7.fc5
- fix bug 204676 (patches by Tavis Ormandy)
- CVE-2006-4334 - null dereference problem
- CVE-2006-4335 - buffer overflow problem
- CVE-2006-4336 - buffer underflow problem
- CVE-2006-4338 - infinite loop problem
- CVE-2006-4337 - buffer overflow problem
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected gzip and / or gzip-debuginfo packages.