Fedora Core 4 : sendmail-8.13.7-2.fc4.1 (2006-836)
High Nessus Plugin ID 24153
SynopsisThe remote Fedora Core host is missing a security update.
Description- Tue Jul 18 2006 Thomas Woerner <twoerner at redhat.com> 8.13.7-2.fc4.1
- using new syntax for access database (#177566)
- fixed failure message while shutting down sm-client (#119429) resolution: stop sm-client before sendmail
- fixed method to specify persistent queue runners (#126760)
- removed patch backup files from sendmail-cf tree (#152955)
- fixed missing dnl on SMART_HOST define (#166680)
- fixed wrong location of aliases and aliases.db file in aliases man page (#166744)
- enabled CipherList config option for sendmail (#172352)
- added user chowns for /etc/mail/authinfo.db and move check for cf files (#184341)
- fixed Makefile of vacation (#191396) vacation is not included in this sendmail package
- /var/log/mail now belongs to sendmail (#192850)
- using old pam_stack
- Wed Jul 12 2006 Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com>
- Mon Jun 19 2006 Thomas Woerner <twoerner at redhat.com> 8.13.7-2
- dropped reference to Red Hat Linux in sendmail-redhat.mc (#176679)
- Mon Jun 19 2006 Thomas Woerner <twoerner at redhat.com> 8.13.7-1
- new version 8.13.7 (#195282)
- fixes CVE-2006-1173 (VU#146718): possible denial of service issue caused by malformed multipart messages (#195776)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.