Fedora Core 6 : wireshark-0.99.4-1.fc6 (2006-1140)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 24040
SynopsisThe remote Fedora Core host is missing a security update.
Description- Wed Nov 1 2006 Radek Vokal <rvokal at redhat.com> 0.99.4-1
- upgrade to 0.99.4-1, fixes multiple security issues
- CVE-2006-5468 - The HTTP dissector could dereference a NULL pointer.
- CVE-2006-5469 - The WBXML dissector could crash.
- CVE-2006-5470 - The LDAP dissector (and possibly others) could crash.
- CVE-2006-4805 - Basic DoS, The XOT dissector could attempt to allocate a large amount of memory and crash.
- CVE-2006-4574 - Single byte \0 overflow written onto the heap
- Tue Oct 10 2006 Radek Vokal <rvokal at redhat.com> 0.99.4-0.pre1
- upgrade to 0.99.4-0.pre1
- Fri Aug 25 2006 Radek Vokal <rvokal at redhat.com> 0.99.3-1
- upgrade to 0.99.3
- Wireshark 0.99.3 fixes the following vulnerabilities :
- the SCSI dissector could crash. Versions affected:
- the IPsec ESP preference parser was susceptible to off-by-one errors. CVE-2006-4331
- a malformed packet could make the Q.2931 dissector use up available memory. CVE-2006-4333
- Tue Jul 18 2006 Radek Vokal <rvokal at redhat.com> 0.99.2-1
- upgrade to 0.99.2
- Wed Jul 12 2006 Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com>
- Tue Jul 11 2006 Radek Vokal <rvokal at redhat.com> 0.99.2-0.pre1
- upgrade to 0.99.2pre1, fixes (#198242)
- Tue Jun 13 2006 Radek Vokal <rvokal at redhat.com> 0.99.1-0.pre1
- spec file changes
- Fri Jun 9 2006 Radek Vokal <rvokal at redhat.com> 0.99.1pre1-1
- initial build for Fedora Core
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected wireshark, wireshark-debuginfo and / or wireshark-gnome packages.