SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral security related problems have been discovered in Mozilla Firefox. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following vulnerabilities :
- CVE-2005-4134 Web pages with extremely long titles cause subsequent launches of the browser to appear to 'hang' for up to a few minutes, or even crash if the computer has insufficient memory. [MFSA-2006-03]
- CVE-2006-0293 The function allocation code allows attackers to cause a denial of service and possibly execute arbitrary code.
- CVE-2006-0748 An anonymous researcher for TippingPoint and the Zero Day Initiative reported that an invalid and nonsensical ordering of table-related tags can be exploited to execute arbitrary code. [MFSA-2006-27]
- CVE-2006-0749 A particular sequence of HTML tags can cause memory corruption that can be exploited to execute arbitrary code. [MFSA-2006-18]
- CVE-2006-1727 Georgi Guninski reported two variants of using scripts in an XBL control to gain chrome privileges when the page is viewed under 'Print Preview'. [MFSA-2006-25]
- CVE-2006-1728 'shutdown' discovered that the crypto.generateCRMFRequest method can be used to run arbitrary code with the privilege of the user running the browser, which could enable an attacker to install malware. [MFSA-2006-24]
- CVE-2006-1729 Claus Jorgensen reported that a text input box can be pre-filled with a filename and then turned into a file-upload control, allowing a malicious website to steal any local file whose name they can guess.
- CVE-2006-1730 An anonymous researcher for TippingPoint and the Zero Day Initiative discovered an integer overflow triggered by the CSS letter-spacing property, which could be exploited to execute arbitrary code. [MFSA-2006-22]
- CVE-2006-1731 'moz_bug_r_a4' discovered that some internal functions return prototypes instead of objects, which allows remote attackers to conduct cross-site scripting attacks. [MFSA-2006-19]
- CVE-2006-1732 'shutdown' discovered that it is possible to bypass same-origin protections, allowing a malicious site to inject script into content from another site, which could allow the malicious page to steal information such as cookies or passwords from the other site, or perform transactions on the user's behalf if the user were already logged in. [MFSA-2006-17]
- CVE-2006-1736 It is possible to trick users into downloading and saving an executable file via an image that is overlaid by a transparent image link that points to the executable. [MFSA-2006-13]
- CVE-2006-1738 An unspecified vulnerability allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service. [MFSA-2006-11]
- CVE-2006-1739 Certain Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) can cause an out-of-bounds array write and buffer overflow that could lead to a denial of service and the possible execution of arbitrary code. [MFSA-2006-11]
- CVE-2006-1740 It is possible for remote attackers to spoof secure site indicators such as the locked icon by opening the trusted site in a popup window, then changing the location to a malicious site. [MFSA-2006-12]
- CVE-2006-1790 A regression fix that could lead to memory corruption allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service and possibly execute arbitrary code. [MFSA-2006-11]
SolutionUpgrade the Mozilla Firefox packages.
For the stable distribution (sarge) these problems have been fixed in version 1.0.4-2sarge6.