Fedora Core 3 : kernel-2.6.11-1.14_FC3 (2005-313)
High Nessus Plugin ID 19648
SynopsisThe remote Fedora Core host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update rebases the kernel to the latest upstream stable release, which fixes a number of security issues. Notably :
- CVE-2005-0210 : dst leak
- CVE-2005-0384 : ppp dos
- CVE-2005-0531 : Sign handling issues.
- CVE-2005-0400 : EXT2 information leak.
- CVE-2005-0449 : Remote oops.
- CVE-2005-0736 : Epoll overflow
- CVE-2005-0749 : ELF loader may kfree wrong memory.
- CVE-2005-0750 : Missing range checking in bluetooth
- CVE-2005-0767 : drm race in radeon
- CVE-2005-0815 : Corrupt isofs images could cause oops
Additionally, a large number of improvements have come from the 2.6.10
-> 2.6.11 transition.
This update requires you are running the latest udev package, and also (if you are using SELinux) the latest selinux policy packages.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.