Fedora Core 3 : postgresql-7.4.7-3.FC3.1 (2005-157)
High Nessus Plugin ID 19616
SynopsisThe remote Fedora Core host is missing a security update.
Description- Mon Feb 21 2005 Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> 7.4.7-3.FC3.1
- Work around selinux <<EOF problem during initdb (bug #149237).
- Repair improper error message in init script when PGVERSION doesn't match.
- Arrange for auto update of version embedded in init script.
- Fix improper call of strerror_r, which leads to junk error messages in libpq.
- Patch additional buffer overruns in plpgsql (CVE-2005-0247)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.