Fedora Core 4 : ethereal-0.10.12-1.FC4.1 (2005-655)
High Nessus Plugin ID 19321
SynopsisThe remote Fedora Core host is missing a security update.
Description- Wed Jul 27 2005 Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com> 0.10.12-1.FC4.1
- update to 0.10.12
- package /usr/sbin/randpkt
- sync with cleanup patch (most of it applied upstream)
- the new release fixes CVE-2005-2361 up to CVE-2005-2367
- Mon May 30 2005 Radek Vokal <rvokal at redhat.com> 0.10.11-3
- ethereal cleanup, patch by Steve Grubb <sgrubb at redhat.com> (#159107)
- few more cleanups
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected ethereal, ethereal-debuginfo and / or ethereal-gnome packages.