SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote Redhat Enterprise Linux 9 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the RHSA-2023:4138 advisory.
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel in net/netfilter/nf_tables_core.c:nft_do_chain, which can cause a use-after-free. This issue needs to handle 'return' with proper preconditions, as it can lead to a kernel information leak problem caused by a local, unprivileged attacker. (CVE-2022-1016)
- mm/rmap.c in the Linux kernel before 5.19.7 has a use-after-free related to leaf anon_vma double reuse.
- There are use-after-free vulnerabilities in the Linux kernel's net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c's l2cap_connect and l2cap_le_connect_req functions which may allow code execution and leaking kernel memory (respectively) remotely via Bluetooth. A remote attacker could execute code leaking kernel memory via Bluetooth if within proximity of the victim. We recommend upgrading past commit https://www.google.com/url https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/711f8c3fb3db61897080468586b970c87c61d9e4 https://www.google.com/url (CVE-2022-42896)
- A vulnerability was found in the HCI sockets implementation due to a missing capability check in net/bluetooth/hci_sock.c in the Linux Kernel. This flaw allows an attacker to unauthorized execution of management commands, compromising the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Bluetooth communication. (CVE-2023-2002)
- An out-of-bounds memory access flaw was found in the Linux kernel's XFS file system in how a user restores an XFS image after failure (with a dirty log journal). This flaw allows a local user to crash or potentially escalate their privileges on the system. (CVE-2023-2124)
- A use-after-free vulnerability in the Linux Kernel Performance Events system can be exploited to achieve local privilege escalation. The perf_group_detach function did not check the event's siblings' attach_state before calling add_event_to_groups(), but remove_on_exec made it possible to call list_del_event() on before detaching from their group, making it possible to use a dangling pointer causing a use-after-free vulnerability. We recommend upgrading past commit fd0815f632c24878e325821943edccc7fde947a2. (CVE-2023-2235)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.
File Name: redhat-RHSA-2023-4138.nasl
Supported Sensors: Agentless Assessment, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:P/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: cpe:/o:redhat:rhel_e4s:9.0, cpe:/o:redhat:rhel_eus:9.0, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-core, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-debug, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-debug-core, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-debug-devel, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-debug-kvm, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-debug-modules, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-debug-modules-extra, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-devel, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-kvm, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-modules, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:kernel-rt-modules-extra
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/RedHat/release, Host/RedHat/rpm-list, Host/cpu
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 7/18/2023
Vulnerability Publication Date: 7/8/2022