SynopsisThe remote device is missing a vendor-supplied security patch.
DescriptionThe version of Junos OS installed on the remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the JSA69705 advisory.
- ** DISPUTED ** A segmentation fault can occur in the sqlite3.exe command-line component of SQLite 3.36.0 via the idxGetTableInfo function when there is a crafted SQL query. NOTE: the vendor disputes the relevance of this report because a sqlite3.exe user already has full privileges (e.g., is intentionally allowed to execute commands). This report does NOT imply any problem in the SQLite library.
- A flaw was found in SQLite's SELECT query functionality (src/select.c). This flaw allows an attacker who is capable of running SQL queries locally on the SQLite database to cause a denial of service or possible code execution by triggering a use-after-free. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to system availability. (CVE-2021-20227)
- In SQLite before 3.32.3, select.c mishandles query-flattener optimization, leading to a multiSelectOrderBy heap overflow because of misuse of transitive properties for constant propagation. (CVE-2020-15358)
- SQLite 3.32.2 has a use-after-free in resetAccumulator in select.c because the parse tree rewrite for window functions is too late. (CVE-2020-13871)
- ext/fts3/fts3_snippet.c in SQLite before 3.32.0 has a NULL pointer dereference via a crafted matchinfo() query. (CVE-2020-13632)
- SQLite before 3.32.0 allows a virtual table to be renamed to the name of one of its shadow tables, related to alter.c and build.c. (CVE-2020-13631)
- SQLite through 3.32.0 has a segmentation fault in sqlite3ExprCodeTarget in expr.c. (CVE-2020-13435)
- SQLite through 3.32.0 has an integer overflow in sqlite3_str_vappendf in printf.c. (CVE-2020-13434)
- SQLite through 3.31.1 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (segmentation fault) via a malformed window-function query because the AggInfo object's initialization is mishandled. (CVE-2020-11655)
- In SQLite 3.31.1, isAuxiliaryVtabOperator allows attackers to trigger a NULL pointer dereference and segmentation fault because of generated column optimizations. (CVE-2020-9327)
- In SQLite through 3.31.1, the ALTER TABLE implementation has a use-after-free, as demonstrated by an ORDER BY clause that belongs to a compound SELECT statement. (CVE-2020-11656)
- ext/fts3/fts3.c in SQLite before 3.32.0 has a use-after-free in fts3EvalNextRow, related to the snippet feature. (CVE-2020-13630)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionApply the relevant Junos software release referenced in Juniper advisory JSA69705
File Name: juniper_jsa69705.nasl
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:O/RC:C
Required KB Items: Host/Juniper/JUNOS/Version
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 7/13/2022
Vulnerability Publication Date: 2/21/2020
CVE: CVE-2020-9327, CVE-2020-11655, CVE-2020-11656, CVE-2020-13434, CVE-2020-13435, CVE-2020-13630, CVE-2020-13631, CVE-2020-13632, CVE-2020-13871, CVE-2020-15358, CVE-2021-20227, CVE-2021-36690
CEA-ID: CEA-2021-0004, CEA-2021-0025