SynopsisThe remote OracleVM host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote OracleVM system is missing necessary patches to address security updates:
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.16.11. The mixed IPID assignment method with the hash-based IPID assignment policy allows an off-path attacker to inject data into a victim's TCP session or terminate that session. (CVE-2020-36516)
- A flaw in the processing of received ICMP errors (ICMP fragment needed and ICMP redirect) in the Linux kernel functionality was found to allow the ability to quickly scan open UDP ports. This flaw allows an off-path remote user to effectively bypass the source port UDP randomization. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to confidentiality and possibly integrity, because software that relies on UDP source port randomization are indirectly affected as well. (CVE-2021-20322)
- A flaw was found in the Linux SCTP stack. A blind attacker may be able to kill an existing SCTP association through invalid chunks if the attacker knows the IP-addresses and port numbers being used and the attacker can send packets with spoofed IP addresses. (CVE-2021-3772)
- A random memory access flaw was found in the Linux kernel's GPU i915 kernel driver functionality in the way a user may run malicious code on the GPU. This flaw allows a local user to crash the system or escalate their privileges on the system. (CVE-2022-0330)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.16.12. drivers/net/usb/sr9700.c allows attackers to obtain sensitive information from heap memory via crafted frame lengths from a device. (CVE-2022-26966)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel-uek / kernel-uek-firmware packages.
File Name: oraclevm_OVMSA-2022-0011.nasl
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:oracle:vm:kernel-uek, p-cpe:/a:oracle:vm:kernel-uek-firmware, cpe:/o:oracle:vm_server:3.4
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/OracleVM/release, Host/OracleVM/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 4/5/2022
Vulnerability Publication Date: 12/8/2021