SynopsisThe remote CentOS Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote CentOS Linux 7 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the CESA-2022:1069 advisory.
- expat: Large number of prefixed XML attributes on a single tag can crash libexpat (CVE-2021-45960)
- expat: Integer overflow in doProlog in xmlparse.c (CVE-2021-46143)
- expat: Integer overflow in addBinding in xmlparse.c (CVE-2022-22822)
- expat: Integer overflow in build_model in xmlparse.c (CVE-2022-22823)
- expat: Integer overflow in defineAttribute in xmlparse.c (CVE-2022-22824)
- expat: Integer overflow in lookup in xmlparse.c (CVE-2022-22825)
- expat: Integer overflow in nextScaffoldPart in xmlparse.c (CVE-2022-22826)
- expat: Integer overflow in storeAtts in xmlparse.c (CVE-2022-22827)
- expat: Integer overflow in function XML_GetBuffer (CVE-2022-23852)
- expat: Malformed 2- and 3-byte UTF-8 sequences can lead to arbitrary code execution (CVE-2022-25235)
- expat: Namespace-separator characters in xmlns[:prefix] attribute values can lead to arbitrary code execution (CVE-2022-25236)
- expat: Integer overflow in storeRawNames() (CVE-2022-25315)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected expat, expat-devel and / or expat-static packages.
File Name: centos_RHSA-2022-1069.nasl
Supported Sensors: Agentless Assessment, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:centos:centos:expat, p-cpe:/a:centos:centos:expat-devel, p-cpe:/a:centos:centos:expat-static, cpe:/o:centos:centos:7
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/CentOS/release, Host/CentOS/rpm-list, Host/cpu
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 3/29/2022
Vulnerability Publication Date: 1/1/2022
CVE: CVE-2021-45960, CVE-2021-46143, CVE-2022-22822, CVE-2022-22823, CVE-2022-22824, CVE-2022-22825, CVE-2022-22826, CVE-2022-22827, CVE-2022-23852, CVE-2022-25235, CVE-2022-25236, CVE-2022-25315