Fedora Core 2 : mysql-3.23.58-9.1 (2004-530)
High Nessus Plugin ID 15930
SynopsisThe remote Fedora Core host is missing a security update.
Description- Tue Oct 12 2004 Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> 3.23.58-9.1
- fix security issues CVE-2004-0835, CVE-2004-0836, CVE-2004-0837 (bugs #135372, 135375, 135387)
- fix privilege escalation on GRANT ALL ON `Foo\_Bar` (CVE-2004-0957)
- fix multilib problem with mysqlbug and mysql_config
- adjust chkconfig priority per bug #128852
- remove bogus quoting per bug #129409 (MySQL 4.0 has done likewise)
- add sleep to mysql.init restart(); may or may not fix bug #133993
- fix low-priority security issues CVE-2004-0388, CVE-2004-0381, CVE-2004-0457 (bugs #119442, 125991, 130347, 130348)
- fix bug with dropping databases under recent kernels (bug #124352)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.