New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the ImageMagick packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- coders/mat.c in ImageMagick 7.0.8-43 Q16 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (use-after-free and application crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact by crafting a Matlab image file that is mishandled in ReadImage in MagickCore/constitute.c.(CVE-2019-15140)
- In ImageMagick 7.x before 7.0.8-41 and 6.x before 6.9.10-41, there is a divide-by-zero vulnerability in the MeanShiftImage function. It allows an attacker to cause a denial of service by sending a crafted file.(CVE-2019-14981)
- ImageMagick 7.0.8-35 has a memory leak in magick/xwindow.c, related to XCreateImage.(CVE-2019-16708)
- ImageMagick 7.0.8-35 has a memory leak in coders/dps.c, as demonstrated by XCreateImage.(CVE-2019-16709)
- ImageMagick 7.0.8-35 has a memory leak in coders/dot.c, as demonstrated by AcquireMagickMemory in MagickCore/memory.c.(CVE-2019-16710)
- ImageMagick 7.0.8-40 has a memory leak in Huffman2DEncodeImage in coders/ps2.c.(CVE-2019-16711)
- In ImageMagick 7.0.8-43 Q16, there is a heap-based buffer overflow in the function WriteSGIImage of coders/sgi.c.(CVE-2019-19948)
- In ImageMagick 7.0.8-43 Q16, there is a heap-based buffer over-read in the function WritePNGImage of coders/png.c, related to Magick_png_write_raw_profile and LocaleNCompare.(CVE-2019-19949)
- ImageMagick 7.0.9-27 through 7.0.10-17 has a heap-based buffer over-read in BlobToStringInfo in MagickCore/string.c during TIFF image decoding.(CVE-2020-13902)
- In ImageMagick 7.0.5-7 Q16, an assertion failure was found in the function LockSemaphoreInfo, which allows attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted file.(CVE-2017-9501)
- When ImageMagick 7.0.6-1 processes a crafted file in convert, it can lead to a heap-based buffer over-read in the WriteUILImage() function in coders/uil.c.(CVE-2017-11533)
- Null Pointer Dereference in the IdentifyImage function in MagickCore/identify.c in ImageMagick through 7.0.6-10 allows an attacker to perform denial of service by sending a crafted image file.(CVE-2017-13768)
- ImageMagick before 6.9.11-40 and 7.x before 7.0.10-40 mishandles the -authenticate option, which allows setting a password for password-protected PDF files.
The user-controlled password was not properly escaped/sanitized and it was therefore possible to inject additional shell commands via coders/pdf.c.(CVE-2020-29599)
- A flaw was found in ImageMagick in MagickCore/statistic.c. An attacker who submits a crafted file that is processed by ImageMagick could trigger undefined behavior in the form of values outside the range of type `unsigned long`. This would most likely lead to an impact to application availability, but could potentially cause other problems related to undefined behavior. This flaw affects ImageMagick versions prior to 7.0.8-69.(CVE-2020-27766)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected ImageMagick packages.