New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.4
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the qemu packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Quick Emulator (Qemu) built with the VirtFS, host directory sharing via Plan 9 File System(9pfs) support, is vulnerable to an improper access control issue. It could occur while accessing virtfs metadata files in mapped-file security mode. A guest user could use this flaw to escalate their privileges inside guest.(CVE-2017-7493)
- qemu-bridge-helper.c in QEMU 4.0.0 does not ensure that a network interface name (obtained from bridge.conf or a --br=bridge option) is limited to the IFNAMSIZ size, which can lead to an ACL bypass.(CVE-2019-13164)
- Qemu has a Buffer Overflow in pcnet_receive in hw/net/pcnet.c because an incorrect integer data type is used.(CVE-2018-17962)
- Buffer overflow in the 'megasas_mmio_write' function in Qemu 2.9.0 allows remote attackers to have unspecified impact via unknown vectors.(CVE-2017-8380)
- qemu_deliver_packet_iov in net/net.c in Qemu accepts packet sizes greater than INT_MAX, which allows attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact.(CVE-2018-17963)
- In QEMU 3.1.0, load_device_tree in device_tree.c calls the deprecated load_image function, which has a buffer overflow risk.(CVE-2018-20815)
- interface_release_resource in hw/display/qxl.c in QEMU 4.0.0 has a NULL pointer dereference.(CVE-2019-12155)
- An issue was discovered in ide_dma_cb() in hw/ide/core.c in QEMU 2.4.0 through 4.2.0. The guest system can crash the QEMU process in the host system via a special SCSI_IOCTL_SEND_COMMAND. It hits an assertion that implies that the size of successful DMA transfers there must be a multiple of 512 (the size of a sector). NOTE: a member of the QEMU security team disputes the significance of this issue because a 'privileged guest user has many ways to cause similar DoS effect, without triggering this assert.'(CVE-2019-20175)
- Use-after-free vulnerability in the sofree function in slirp/socket.c in QEMU (aka Quick Emulator) allows attackers to cause a denial of service (QEMU instance crash) by leveraging failure to properly clear ifq_so from pending packets.(CVE-2017-13711)
- Qemu has a Buffer Overflow in rtl8139_do_receive in hw/net/rtl8139.c because an incorrect integer data type is used.(CVE-2018-17958)
- ip_reass in ip_input.c in libslirp 4.0.0 has a heap-based buffer overflow via a large packet because it mishandles a case involving the first fragment.(CVE-2019-14378)
- m_cat in slirp/mbuf.c in Qemu has a heap-based buffer overflow via incoming fragmented datagrams.(CVE-2018-11806)
- Memory leak in the audio/audio.c in QEMU (aka Quick Emulator) allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) by repeatedly starting and stopping audio capture.(CVE-2017-8309)
- Memory leak in the keyboard input event handlers support in QEMU (aka Quick Emulator) allows local guest OS privileged users to cause a denial of service (host memory consumption) by rapidly generating large keyboard events.(CVE-2017-8379)
- hw/input/ps2.c in Qemu does not validate 'rptr' and 'count' values during guest migration, leading to out-of-bounds access(CVE-2017-16845)
- The cirrus_invalidate_region function in hw/display/cirrus_vga.c in Qemu allows local OS guest privileged users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds array access and QEMU process crash) via vectors related to negative pitch.(CVE-2017-18030)
- An out-of-bounds read/write access flaw was found in the USB emulator of the QEMU in versions before 5.2.0.
This issue occurs while processing USB packets from a guest when USBDevice 'setup_len' exceeds its 'data_buf' in the do_token_in, do_token_out routines. This flaw allows a guest user to crash the QEMU process, resulting in a denial of service, or the potential execution of arbitrary code with the privileges of the QEMU process on the host.(CVE-2020-14364)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected qemu packages.