New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote Oracle Linux 8 host has a package installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the ELSA-2020-4483 advisory.
- OpenSC before 0.20.0-rc1 has an out-of-bounds access of an ASN.1 Octet string in asn1_decode_entry in libopensc/asn1.c. (CVE-2019-15946)
- An issue was discovered in OpenSC through 0.19.0 and 0.20.x through 0.20.0-rc3. libopensc/card-cac1.c mishandles buffer limits for CAC certificates. (CVE-2019-19481)
- OpenSC before 0.20.0-rc1 has an out-of-bounds access of an ASN.1 Bitstring in decode_bit_string in libopensc/asn1.c. (CVE-2019-15945)
- An issue was discovered in OpenSC through 0.19.0 and 0.20.x through 0.20.0-rc3. libopensc/card-setcos.c has an incorrect read operation during parsing of a SETCOS file attribute. (CVE-2019-19479)
- OpenSC before 0.20.0 has a double free in coolkey_free_private_data because coolkey_add_object in libopensc/card-coolkey.c lacks a uniqueness check. (CVE-2019-20792)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected opensc package.