New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the qemu-kvm package installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- QEMU 4.1.0 has a memory leak in zrle_compress_data in ui/vnc-enc-zrle.c during a VNC disconnect operation because libz is misused, resulting in a situation where memory allocated in deflateInit2 is not freed in deflateEnd.(CVE-2019-20382)
- libslirp 4.0.0, as used in QEMU 4.1.0, has a use-after-free in ip_reass in ip_input.c.(CVE-2019-15890)
- An out-of-bounds read/write access flaw was found in the USB emulator of the QEMU in versions before 5.2.0.
This issue occurs while processing USB packets from a guest when USBDevice 'setup_len' exceeds its 'data_buf' in the do_token_in, do_token_out routines. This flaw allows a guest user to crash the QEMU process, resulting in a denial of service, or the potential execution of arbitrary code with the privileges of the QEMU process on the host.(CVE-2020-14364)
- hw/net/xgmac.c in the XGMAC Ethernet controller in QEMU before 07-20-2020 has a buffer overflow. This occurs during packet transmission and affects the highbank and midway emulated machines. A guest user or process could use this flaw to crash the QEMU process on the host, resulting in a denial of service or potential privileged code execution. This was fixed in commit 5519724a13664b43e225ca05351c60b4468e4555.(CVE-2020-1586 3)
- The vmware-vga driver (hw/display/vmware_vga.c) in QEMU allows local guest users to write to qemu memory locations and gain privileges via unspecified parameters related to rectangle handling.(CVE-2014-3689)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected qemu-kvm packages.