New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.4
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of the invert video code on VGA consoles when a local attacker attempts to resize the console, calling an ioctl VT_RESIZE, which causes an out-of-bounds write to occur. This flaw allows a local user with access to the VGA console to crash the system, potentially escalating their privileges on the system. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to data confidentiality and integrity as well as system availability.(CVE-2020-14331)
- A flaw was found in the HDLC_PPP module of the Linux kernel in versions before 5.9-rc7. Memory corruption and a read overflow is caused by improper input validation in the ppp_cp_parse_cr function which can cause the system to crash or cause a denial of service.
The highest threat from this vulnerability is to data confidentiality and integrity as well as system availability.(CVE-2020-25643)
- A memory out-of-bounds read flaw was found in the Linux kernel before 5.9-rc2 with the ext3/ext4 file system, in the way it accesses a directory with broken indexing. This flaw allows a local user to crash the system if the directory exists. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to system availability.(CVE-2020-14314)
- A TOCTOU mismatch in the NFS client code in the Linux kernel before 5.8.3 could be used by local attackers to corrupt memory or possibly have unspecified other impact because a size check is in fs/nfs/nfs4proc.c instead of fs/nfs/nfs4xdr.c, aka CID-b4487b935452.(CVE-2020-25212)
- The rbd block device driver in drivers/block/rbd.c in the Linux kernel through 5.8.9 used incomplete permission checking for access to rbd devices, which could be leveraged by local attackers to map or unmap rbd block devices, aka CID-f44d04e696fe.(CVE-2020-25284)
- A race condition between hugetlb sysctl handlers in mm/hugetlb.c in the Linux kernel before 5.8.8 could be used by local attackers to corrupt memory, cause a NULL pointer dereference, or possibly have unspecified other impact, aka CID-17743798d812.(CVE-2020-25285)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel before 5.9-rc4.
Memory corruption can be exploited to gain root privileges from unprivileged processes. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to data confidentiality and integrity.(CVE-2020-14386)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel in versions before 5.9-rc6. When changing screen size, an out-of-bounds memory write can occur leading to memory corruption or a denial of service. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out.(CVE-2020-14390)
- In the Linux kernel through 5.8.7, local attackers able to inject conntrack netlink configuration could overflow a local buffer, causing crashes or triggering use of incorrect protocol numbers in ctnetlink_parse_tuple_filter in net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_netlink.c, aka CID-1cc5ef91d2ff.(CVE-2020-25211)
- The VFIO PCI driver in the Linux kernel through 5.6.13 mishandles attempts to access disabled memory space.(CVE-2020-12888)
- The kernel in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and MRG-2 does not clear garbage data for SG_IO buffer, which may leaking sensitive information to userspace.(CVE-2014-8181)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernels SELinux LSM hook implementation before version 5.7, where it incorrectly assumed that an skb would only contain a single netlink message. The hook would incorrectly only validate the first netlink message in the skb and allow or deny the rest of the messages within the skb with the granted permission without further processing. (CVE-2020-10751)
- The Linux kernel through 5.7.11 allows remote attackers to make observations that help to obtain sensitive information about the internal state of the network RNG, aka CID-f227e3ec3b5c. This is related to drivers/char/random.c and kernel/time/timer.c.(CVE-2020-16166)
- A buffer over-read flaw was found in RH kernel versions before 5.0 in crypto_authenc_extractkeys in crypto/authenc.c in the IPsec Cryptographic algorithm's module, authenc. When a payload longer than 4 bytes, and is not following 4-byte alignment boundary guidelines, it causes a buffer over-read threat, leading to a system crash. This flaw allows a local attacker with user privileges to cause a denial of service.(CVE-2020-10769)
- In the Linux kernel through 5.7.6, usbtest_disconnect in drivers/usb/misc/usbtest.c has a memory leak, aka CID-28ebeb8db770.(CVE-2020-15393)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.7.1. drivers/tty/vt/keyboard.c has an integer overflow if k_ascii is called several times in a row, aka CID-b86dab054059.(CVE-2020-13974)
- go7007_snd_init in drivers/media/usb/go7007/snd-go7007.c in the Linux kernel before 5.6 does not call snd_card_free for a failure path, which causes a memory leak, aka CID-9453264ef586.(CVE-2019-20810)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.0.6. In rx_queue_add_kobject() and netdev_queue_add_kobject() in net/core/net-sysfs.c, a reference count is mishandled, aka CID-a3e23f719f5c.(CVE-2019-20811)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.4.7. The prb_calc_retire_blk_tmo() function in net/packet/af_packet.c can result in a denial of service (CPU consumption and soft lockup) in a certain failure case involving TPACKET_V3, aka CID-b43d1f9f7067.(CVE-2019-20812)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of Userspace core dumps. This flaw allows an attacker with a local account to crash a trivial program and exfiltrate private kernel data.(CVE-2020-10732)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.