New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 2.5
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionNew in release OpenJDK 8u272 (2020-10-20):
Full versions of these release notes can be found at :
## New features
- JDK-8245468: Add TLSv1.3 implementation classes from 11.0.7
## Security fixes
- JDK-8233624: Enhance JNI linkage
- JDK-8236196: Improve string pooling
- JDK-8236862, CVE-2020-14779: Enhance support of Proxy class
- JDK-8237990, CVE-2020-14781: Enhanced LDAP contexts
- JDK-8237995, CVE-2020-14782: Enhance certificate processing
- JDK-8240124: Better VM Interning
- JDK-8241114, CVE-2020-14792: Better range handling
- JDK-8242680, CVE-2020-14796: Improved URI Support
- JDK-8242685, CVE-2020-14797: Better Path Validation
- JDK-8242695, CVE-2020-14798: Enhanced buffer support
- JDK-8243302: Advanced class supports
- JDK-8244136, CVE-2020-14803: Improved Buffer supports
- JDK-8244479: Further constrain certificates
- JDK-8244955: Additional Fix for JDK-8240124
- JDK-8245407: Enhance zoning of times
- JDK-8245412: Better class definitions
- JDK-8245417: Improve certificate chain handling
- JDK-8248574: Improve jpeg processing
- JDK-8249927: Specify limits of jdk.serialProxyInterfaceLimit
- JDK-8253019: Enhanced JPEG decoding
## JDK-8254177: US/Pacific-New Zone name removed as part of tzdata2020b
Following JDK's update to tzdata2020b, the long-obsolete files pacificnew and systemv have been removed. As a result, the 'US/Pacific-New' zone name declared in the pacificnew data file is no longer available for use.
Information regarding the update can be viewed at https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz-announce/2020-October/000059.html
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora update system website.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected 1:java-1.8.0-openjdk package.