New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 9.2
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote Oracle Linux 8 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the ELSA-2020-4286 advisory.
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernels implementation of the invert video code on VGA consoles when a local attacker attempts to resize the console, calling an ioctl VT_RESIZE, which causes an out-of-bounds write to occur. This flaw allows a local user with access to the VGA console to crash the system, potentially escalating their privileges on the system. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to data confidentiality and integrity as well as system availability. (CVE-2020-14331)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel before 5.9-rc4. A failure of the file system metadata validator in XFS can cause an inode with a valid, user-creatable extended attribute to be flagged as corrupt. This can lead to the filesystem being shutdown, or otherwise rendered inaccessible until it is remounted, leading to a denial of service. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to system availability.
- kernel: net: bluetooth: type confusion while processing AMP packets (CVE-2020-12351)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel before 5.9-rc4. Memory corruption can be exploited to gain root privileges from unprivileged processes. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to data confidentiality and integrity. (CVE-2020-14386)
- kernel: net: bluetooth: information leak when processing certain AMP packets (CVE-2020-12352)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.