New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The Linux kernel through 5.7.11 allows remote attackers to make observations that help to obtain sensitive information about the internal state of the network RNG, aka CID-f227e3ec3b5c. This is related to drivers/char/random.c and kernel/time/timer.c.(CVE-2020-16166)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of the invert video code on VGA consoles when a local attacker attempts to resize the console, calling an ioctl VT_RESIZE, which causes an out-of-bounds write to occur. This flaw allows a local user with access to the VGA console to crash the system, potentially escalating their privileges on the system. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to data confidentiality and integrity as well as system availability.(CVE-2020-14331)
- A buffer over-read flaw was found in RH kernel versions before 5.0 in crypto_authenc_extractkeys in crypto/authenc.c in the IPsec Cryptographic algorithm's module, authenc. When a payload longer than 4 bytes, and is not following 4-byte alignment boundary guidelines, it causes a buffer over-read threat, leading to a system crash. This flaw allows a local attacker with user privileges to cause a denial of service.(CVE-2020-10769)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.7.1. drivers/tty/vt/keyboard.c has an integer overflow if k_ascii is called several times in a row, aka CID-b86dab054059. NOTE: Members in the community argue that the integer overflow does not lead to a security issue in this case.(CVE-2020-13974)
- In the Linux kernel through 5.7.6, usbtest_disconnect in drivers/usb/misc/usbtest.c has a memory leak, aka CID-28ebeb8db770.(CVE-2020-15393)
- The VFIO PCI driver in the Linux kernel through 5.6.13 mishandles attempts to access disabled memory space.(CVE-2020-12888)
- go7007_snd_init in drivers/media/usb/go7007/snd-go7007.c in the Linux kernel before 5.6 does not call snd_card_free for a failure path, which causes a memory leak, aka CID-9453264ef586.(CVE-2019-20810)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.0.6. In rx_queue_add_kobject() and netdev_queue_add_kobject() in net/core/net-sysfs.c, a reference count is mishandled, aka CID-a3e23f719f5c.(CVE-2019-20811)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.4.7. The prb_calc_retire_blk_tmo() function in net/packet/af_packet.c can result in a denial of service (CPU consumption and soft lockup) in a certain failure case involving TPACKET_V3, aka CID-b43d1f9f7067.(CVE-2019-20812)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of Userspace core dumps. This flaw allows an attacker with a local account to crash a trivial program and exfiltrate private kernel data.(CVE-2020-10732)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernels SELinux LSM hook implementation before version 5.7, where it incorrectly assumed that an skb would only contain a single netlink message. The hook would incorrectly only validate the first netlink message in the skb and allow or deny the rest of the messages within the skb with the granted permission without further processing.(CVE-2020-10751)
- gadget_dev_desc_UDC_store in drivers/usb/gadget/configfs.c in the Linux kernel through 5.6.13 relies on kstrdup without considering the possibility of an internal '\0' value, which allows attackers to trigger an out-of-bounds read, aka CID-15753588bcd4.(CVE-2020-13143)
- A signal access-control issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.6.5, aka CID-7395ea4e65c2.
Because exec_id in include/linux/sched.h is only 32 bits, an integer overflow can interfere with a do_notify_parent protection mechanism. A child process can send an arbitrary signal to a parent process in a different security domain. Exploitation limitations include the amount of elapsed time before an integer overflow occurs, and the lack of scenarios where signals to a parent process present a substantial operational threat.(CVE-2020-12826)
- The __mptctl_ioctl function in drivers/message/fusion/mptctl.c in the Linux kernel before 5.4.14 allows local users to hold an incorrect lock during the ioctl operation and trigger a race condition, i.e., a 'double fetch' vulnerability, aka CID-28d76df18f0a. NOTE: the vendor states 'The security impact of this bug is not as bad as it could have been because these operations are all privileged and root already has enormous destructive power.'(CVE-2020-12652)
- An issue was found in Linux kernel before 5.5.4. The mwifiex_cmd_append_vsie_tlv() function in drivers/net/wireless/marvell/mwifiex/scan.c allows local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service because of an incorrect memcpy and buffer overflow, aka CID-b70261a288ea.(CVE-2020-12653)
- An issue was found in Linux kernel before 5.5.4.
mwifiex_ret_wmm_get_status() in drivers/net/wireless/marvell/mwifiex/wmm.c allows a remote AP to trigger a heap-based buffer overflow because of an incorrect memcpy, aka CID-3a9b153c5591.(CVE-2020-12654)
- An issue was discovered in xfs_agf_verify in fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_alloc.c in the Linux kernel through 5.6.10. Attackers may trigger a sync of excessive duration via an XFS v5 image with crafted metadata, aka CID-d0c7feaf8767.(CVE-2020-12655)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of GRO in versions before 5.2. This flaw allows an attacker with local access to crash the system.(CVE-2020-10720)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.6.11. sg_write lacks an sg_remove_request call in a certain failure case, aka CID-83c6f2390040.(CVE-2020-12770)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.4.12, drivers/input/input.c has out-of-bounds writes via a crafted keycode table, as demonstrated by input_set_keycode, aka CID-cb222aed03d7.(CVE-2019-20636)
- An issue was discovered in the stv06xx subsystem in the Linux kernel before 5.6.1.
drivers/media/usb/gspca/stv06xx/stv06xx.c and drivers/media/usb/gspca/stv06xx/stv06xx_pb0100.c mishandle invalid descriptors, as demonstrated by a NULL pointer dereference, aka CID-485b06aadb93.(CVE-2020-11609)
- In the netlink driver, there is a possible out of bounds write due to a race condition. This could lead to local escalation of privilege with System execution privileges needed. User interaction is not needed for exploitation.Product: AndroidVersions: Android kernelAndroid ID: A-65025077(CVE-2020-0066)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.5.8, get_raw_socket in drivers/vhost/net.c lacks validation of an sk_family field, which might allow attackers to trigger kernel stack corruption via crafted system calls.(CVE-2020-10942)
- An issue was discovered in slc_bump in drivers/net/can/slcan.c in the Linux kernel through 5.6.2. It allows attackers to read uninitialized can_frame data, potentially containing sensitive information from kernel stack memory, if the configuration lacks CONFIG_INIT_STACK_ALL, aka CID-b9258a2cece4.(CVE-2020-11494)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.6.2. mpol_parse_str in mm/mempolicy.c has a stack-based out-of-bounds write because an empty nodelist is mishandled during mount option parsing, aka CID-aa9f7d5172fa. NOTE: Someone in the security community disagrees that this is a vulnerability because the issue 'is a bug in parsing mount options which can only be specified by a privileged user, so triggering the bug does not grant any powers not already held.'.(CVE-2020-11565)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.6.1. drivers/media/usb/gspca/ov519.c allows NULL pointer dereferences in ov511_mode_init_regs and ov518_mode_init_regs when there are zero endpoints, aka CID-998912346c0d.(CVE-2020-11608)
- The kernel in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and MRG-2 does not clear garbage data for SG_IO buffer, which may leaking sensitive information to userspace.(CVE-2014-8181)
- In the Linux kernel 5.0.21, mounting a crafted ext4 filesystem image, performing some operations, and unmounting can lead to a use-after-free in ext4_put_super in fs/ext4/super.c, related to dump_orphan_list in fs/ext4/super.c.(CVE-2019-19447)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.