New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the glusterfs packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- It was found that glusterfs server does not properly sanitize file paths in the 'trusted.io-stats-dump' extended attribute which is used by the 'debug/io-stats' translator. Attacker can use this flaw to create files and execute arbitrary code. To exploit this attacker would require sufficient access to modify the extended attributes of files on a gluster volume.(CVE-2018-10904)
- It was found that glusterfs server is vulnerable to multiple stack based buffer overflows due to functions in server-rpc-fopc.c allocating fixed size buffers using 'alloca(3)'. An authenticated attacker could exploit this by mounting a gluster volume and sending a string longer that the fixed buffer size to cause crash or potential code execution.(CVE-2018-10907)
- It was found that the 'mknod' call derived from mknod(2) can create files pointing to devices on a glusterfs server node. An authenticated attacker could use this to create an arbitrary device and read data from any device attached to the glusterfs server node.(CVE-2018-10923)
- A flaw was found in RPC request using gfs3_mknod_req supported by glusterfs server. An authenticated attacker could use this flaw to write files to an arbitrary location via path traversal and execute arbitrary code on a glusterfs server node.(CVE-2018-10926)
- A flaw was found in RPC request using gfs3_lookup_req in glusterfs server. An authenticated attacker could use this flaw to leak information and execute remote denial of service by crashing gluster brick process.(CVE-2018-10927)
- A flaw was found in RPC request using gfs3_symlink_req in glusterfs server which allows symlink destinations to point to file paths outside of the gluster volume.
An authenticated attacker could use this flaw to create arbitrary symlinks pointing anywhere on the server and execute arbitrary code on glusterfs server nodes.(CVE-2018-10928)
- A flaw was found in RPC request using gfs2_create_req in glusterfs server. An authenticated attacker could use this flaw to create arbitrary files and execute arbitrary code on glusterfs server nodes.(CVE-2018-10929)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected glusterfs packages.